Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BISTECCA



TRUFFLE FRIES
This is GOOD! I had to hold back and let the smell of the truffle oil linger while the dish was sitting on our table. The fries were crisp and salty (i think they sprinkled it with a bit of parmesan cheese?) on the outside and soft on the inside.  This is a must order in Bistecca.


Herbed Sea Salts
This is what they give you for your steak. Plain and herbed sea salts and some condiments... i forgot to take a photo of the condiments, but they serve pommery mustard, horseradish and peppercorn sauce.
Pan Seared Foie Gras on caramelized apples and portwine reduction
My husband doesn't really enjoy foie gras or any kind of liver for that matter so I always get to have the foie all to myself. This one was good. I thought the tartness of the apples complimented the richness of the liver and the wine reduction blended perfectly into the dish. 

Cajun Baby Back Ribs
We didn't get to try this. But it sure smelled delicious!

The Bistecca 122 - 1kl. USDA Choice Bone-in Rib Eye Roast, P295/100grams (approx P2950)






They say it's good for 2-4 persons, well I guess that's if you're dining with someone who eats like a bird, then it's really just good enough for two. It looks massive and hunky, yes. But the taste? I was really a bit disappointed...

I don't mean to be pretentious or snotty or anything and I'm not an expert but I had high expectations of this place, what with all that intimidating exterior and all. (yes, the price can break the bank) It's supposed to be a good steak place?  I believe I've had better. I thought the meat itself lacks flavor... You see I prefer to eat my steak plain, no fuss, no sauce, but with this one, I had to reach out for the condiments...



Let me know if you happen to have a different experience, then I might probably give this another try.



BISTECCA 
122 Joya, Rockwell 
Makati City



1 comment: