Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lolo Dad's, circa 2005

Been digging up old files and was happy to find out that I've accumulated a lot of pictures from my wonderful dinner dates with J, my family and friends. As it turns out, I have already been taking pictures of the food that we've been stuffing ourselves with over the past  8 years... ohh...life is wonderful!





glassed-in open kitchen


Another one of J's favorites: Caezar's Salad!





intermezzo: Raspberry Sorbet
Sorbet served on cute little teapots with smoke seeping through. 

enjoying the sorbet

J's Plate
 Grilled Veal Tenderloin with Salpicao bits, baked potato and asparagus with herbed hollandaise sauce

My plate
 Pan grilled Halibut with soy butter reduction and baby lobster tails with lyonnaise potatotes


and... Voila! Simut! Kaput!

I can't believe it's already been 6 years since we ate here. Tucked in a small corner in Quirino Avenue, the place looks pretty unassuming from the outside. I suggest you come with your parents because food ain't cheap. In our case, we went on a special occasion and I remember having a  grand time! Food is certainly good, but it may not be for everyone. For those who would rather feel like they got their money’s worth, it would be better eating in well-known buffets like Spiral or Heat. As for me, this restaurant has always been on my "must eat" list and I'm happy to say that it will stay there because it did not disappoint. They already have Lolo Dad's Brasserie in 6750 and will come visit soon, I'm hoping it won't fall off its pedestal. =)



LOLO DAD'S CAFE
899 Pres. Quirino Ave cor. Leon Guinto Street
Malate, Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment